Transportation Support Representative
On the Go
Transportation Support Representative employees are a part of the On-the-Go Department. On the Go Department is what drives the success of each of our nonprofit/government partners’ transportation programs. CARS TSRs understand how to make every rider experience count, treating the rider with respect, compassion, and great service.
Responsibilities and Duties:
As a TSR, you are an expert in transportation and are considered the ultimate resource for our partners’ riders. The Transportation Support Representative reports to the On-the-Go Transportation Coordinator. This is a full-time hourly position. The primary responsibilities of this position are to assist our nonprofit/government partners and their riders with excellent customer service, accurately input ride requests into database, effectively communicate and connect riders with ride share vehicles, dispatch rides, and understand the nuances of multiple transportation programs.
- Answer inbound/outbound calls and provide time sensitive information to riders.
- Interact with riders and drivers via incoming calls, outbound calls, and email.
- Contact riders in a timely fashion to alert them their vehicle is enroute.
- Interact with riders across the U.S. and be acutely aware of different time zones.
- Create and update ride request records in the On-the-Go software with the highest level of accuracy to ensure timely, consistent transportation for riders
- Consult available resources and adjust pick-up locations.
- Schedule rides for pickup and will call status.
- Meet or exceed standard call center metrics.
- Meet or exceed standard Quality assurance procedures.
- Escalate more complex rider requests when appropriate.
- Update ride requests when rider has been called.
- Communicate with riders and supervisors on issues such as cancellations, no shows, driver complaints etc.
- Maintain awareness of On the Go’s role in representing different governments and nonprofit partners.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of On the Go.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Perform additional tasks as requested by management
MINIMUM DESIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong phone and communication skills
- Accurate data entry
- Bilingual Required (Spanish).
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret maps and documents such as memos, general clerical documents, reports, safety rules, instruction booklets and manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense and critical thinking to carry out instructions and make decisions within scope of authority.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Microsoft Teams, Zoom and Outlook
Physical Requirements / Working Environment:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Works remotely
- Must be available to work any shift –
- Hours of operation: 4:00 am – 9:00 pm PST - Monday to Sunday
- May be required to work scheduled holidays
- Overtime may be required
Home Office Requirements:
- You must have the ability to directly connect to ISP via Ethernet (no wireless, DSL, Satellite or Hot Spots etc...).
- Modem/Router must be in the same room as the computer equipment.
- Minimum 25 mbps download; 5 mbps upload.
- Speed test required.
- Private work area and adequate power source.
Benefits for this position include, but not limited to, a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and holiday benefits.
Ready to Move Forward:
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Relocation is not provided.
ABOUT CARS (CHARITABLE ADULT RIDES & SERVICES)
CARS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based out of San Diego, California. Founded in 2003 as a means to provide additional funding to the programs and services of Jewish Family Service, CARS soon began accepting vehicle donations to help other nonprofits raise extra revenue. What began as a company of just a few employees accepting a few vehicle donations per day, has grown into a well-respected leader in the nonprofit industry. Today, we are partnered with over 5,000 nonprofits and are expanding our fundraising efforts so we can continue to provide additional revenue to our amazing nonprofit partners. CARS' success stems from our dedication to exceptional donor service, our ability to maximize each donation, and the extensive marketing support we provide to our partners to help sustain their programs. Come work at CARS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about CARS, please visit careasy.org.