Power BI Developer – Data Analyst
Full Job Description
If you're looking for an opportunity to...
- Share knowledge with others.
- Challenge your critical thinking skills.
- Help direct the future of a nonprofit organization as we expand our fundraising services for our nonprofit partners and grow as an organization.
- Build your experience deriving insights and identifying macro and micro trends from both large and small data sets.
- Support nonprofits and public media organizations across the country.
- Work independently and manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Challenge your problem solving skills along with your technical and analytical skills.
We are looking for someone technically savvy with an analytical mindset to join our Organization. Ideal candidates will have a high level of independent judgment, an incredible attention to detail and the ability to thrive working on multiple projects in a team setting and autonomously. This is an excellent position for someone who is looking for a challenging role that demands high performance, as well as hands-on experience working with software development, data, & analytics.
ABOUT CARS (CHARITABLE ADULT RIDES & SERVICES)
CARS (Charitable Adult Rides & Services) is a nationally recognized social enterprise nonprofit that helps thousands of nonprofits and public media stations in the U.S. and Canada increase their fundraising through turn-key vehicle donation programs. CARS has returned more than $300 million to our nonprofit partners. CARS also reinvests in our community by providing meals and transportation solutions to seniors each year through a program called On the Go.
CARS currently processes more than 125,000 donations and more than 750,000 phone calls per year through our in-house call center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute accurate data entry.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation for each report/query generated.
- Work with the business users and CTO to understand their KPI’s and create reports accordingly.
- Interact with our in-house database to review, extract and validate/correct data anomalies.
- Create and monitor reports to preserve data quality and identify critical issues, trends, and opportunities—as well as create reports related to team performance and data entry tracking.
- Create reports and dashboards in Power BI and publish.
- Interpret and provide appropriate analysis of reported data.
- Verify, extract, transform, append, and standardize data from disparate data types and sources through Business Intelligence reports and dashboards to meet system/business reporting requirement.
- Provide direction and training to end-users on how to use and interpret metrics and applications.
- Handle structured and unstructured data to create aggregates.
- Direct the workloads of additional BI / data integrity staff.
- Administer or assist with administering telephony systems.
- Use good judgment and demonstrate discretion in the handling of confidential and or sensitive information.
- Communication – Data analysts collaborate with a variety of audiences using different mediums (oral and written).
- Deal with internal and external customers with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Share knowledge with others.
MINIMUM DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED with above average mathematical skills.
MINIMUM DESIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience handling structured and unstructured data and able to create aggregates.
- Demonstrates care, concern and courtesy when dealing with internal and external customers with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Proves ability to share knowledge with others.
- Can execute accurate data entry.
- Upholds an accountable character.
- Independent worker, asks questions.
- Has strong critical thinking skills – and can derive insights and identify trends from a given data set.
- Has the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines. And can execute a process independently, accurately, and timely with the ability to solve problems and present solutions with low complexity using technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as memos, general clerical documents, reports, safety rules, instruction booklets and manuals.
- Ability to write well (e.g., memos, reports, e-mails, agendas, minutes).
- Semi-advanced mathematical skills required (pre-calc & stats).
- Minimum Basic Statistics knowledge.
- Ability to analyze data.
- Ability to apply common sense and critical thinking to carry out instructions and make decisions within scope of authority.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables.
- Ability to use good judgment and demonstrate discretion in the handling of confidential and or sensitive information.
- Able to identify upstream and downstream impact analysis through applications, systems, and processes.
- Identifying and describing future software needs.
- Writing clear definitions.
- Ability to write clear concise emails and documentation.
- Proficiency in Word and Outlook.
- Strong experience in Microsoft Excel
- Strong experience in Microsoft Power BI
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with DAX, Power Query, data transformation & modeling, data visualization, and data analytics.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org