Transportation Support Representatives (TSRs)
Location: Fully Remote
- To be determined based on region and experience.
- Full time with benefits.
- Customer service, 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
If you're looking for an opportunity...
- To work with some of the most effective nonprofits and government agencies in the country
- To enhance your customer service skills
- A chance to explore the nonprofit industry and be on an enthusiastic team that makes a difference every day
Our passionate On the Go Team is currently hiring Transportation Support Representatives (TSRs).
The ideal candidate for the TSR position will be someone who:
- Truly understands the value of compassion and relationship building, has excellent listening skills, has a passion for helping others.
- Is willing to be a team player.
- Will bring a positive energy to work daily, demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Eager to learn and takes pride in their work.
- Exemplifies the CARS culture of gratitude and respect.
Transportation Support Representative employees are a part of the On the Go Department. The CARS On the Go Department is what drives the success of each of our nonprofit/government partners’ transportation programs. CARS TSRs understand how to make every rider experience count, treating the rider with respect, compassion, and great service.
As a TSR, you are an expert in transportation and are considered the ultimate resource for our partners’ riders. The Transportation Support Representative reports to the On the Go Transportation Coordinator. This is a full-time hourly position. The primary responsibilities of this position are to assist our nonprofit/government partners and their riders with excellent customer service, accurately input ride requests into database, effectively communicate and connect riders with ride share vehicles, dispatch rides and understand the nuances of multiple transportation programs.
- Answer inbound/outbound calls and provide time sensitive information to riders.
- Interact with riders and drivers via incoming calls, outbound calls, and email.
- Contact riders in a timely fashion to alert them their vehicle is enroute.
- Interact with riders across the U.S. and be acutely aware of different time zones.
- Create and update ride request records in the On the Go software with the highest level of accuracy to ensure timely, consistent transportation for riders
- Consult available resources and adjust pick-up locations.
- Schedule rides for pickup and will call status.
- Meet or exceed standard call center metrics.
- Meet or exceed standard Quality assurance procedures.
- Escalate more complex rider requests when appropriate.
- Update ride requests when rider has been called.
- Communicate with riders and supervisors on issues such as cancellations, no shows, driver complaints etc.
- Maintain awareness of On the Go’s role in representing different governments and nonprofit partners.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of On the Go
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Perform additional tasks as requested by management
MINIMUM DESIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong phone and communication skills
- Accurate data entry
- Bilingual Required (Spanish).
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret maps and documents such as memos, general clerical documents, reports, safety rules, instruction booklets and manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense and critical thinking to carry out instructions and make decisions within scope of authority.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Microsoft Teams, Zoom and Outlook
Physical Requirements / Working Environment:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Works remotely
- Must be available to work any shift –
- Hours of operation: 4:00 am – 9:00 pm PST - Monday to Sunday
- May be required to work scheduled holidays
- Overtime may be required
Home Office Requirements:
- You must have the ability to directly connect to ISP via Ethernet (no wireless, DSL, Satellite or Hot Spots etc...).
- Modem/Router must be in the same room as the computer equipment.
- Minimum 25 mbps download; 5 mbps upload.
- Speed test required.
- Private work area and adequate power source.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
CARS is a nationally recognized social enterprise nonprofit that helps thousands of nonprofits in the US and Canada increase their fundraising and acquire new contributors through turn-key vehicle donation programs. Since 2003, CARS has returned millions to our partners. CARS also reinvests in our community by providing meals and transportation solutions to seniors each year through a program called On the Go. Our organization and culture is founded on gratitude, respect, and dedication.