Jr. Marketing Specialist
Location: San Diego, CA
- Senior Marketing Manager
- Regular, Full-time, Non-exempt
The primary role of the Jr. Marketing Specialist will be to assist with the organization’s email marketing efforts and provide support in managing the CARS social media channels. The Jr. Marketing Specialist will work closely with the Sr. Marketing Manager to develop email and social media strategies to help increase engagement and awareness of the CARS brand. Other general marketing support tasks may be assigned. Familiarity with general marketing principles and nonprofit culture is a plus.
CARS is a nonprofit that supports thousands of other nonprofits and public media stations through vehicle donations and real estate donation programs. In this position, you will have the ability to provide communications and marketing support to some of the nation’s top nonprofits. This is a mid-level position that provides an opportunity to grow and develop within the department and company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the strategy and development of internal and external emails which include, but are not limited to writing copy, creating graphics, building online templates, analyzing email reports, and maintaining email marketing lists.
- Manage CARS social media channels by creating appealing content and engaging/responding to partners and donors in a timely manner.
- Help partners who have inquiries that may come through the Marketing Support inbox.
- Assist in the creation of blog posts.
- Support the Marketing team with the development of partner content which may include copywriting and graphic design work.
- Work directly with the Marketing team to build marketing strategies for CARS partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in Marketing, Communication, Business or in a related subject area.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Experience working with email marketing platforms (i.e. Emma, Mailchimp, ConstantContact, etc.).
- Familiarity working with major social media platforms and social media managing software (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Glassdoor, Yelp, etc.).
- Must have high attention to detail and be extremely organized.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Demonstrated passion for supporting nonprofits.
- Quick learner and self-starter who works well in a team environment.
- Familiarity in HTML and CSS coding is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge of Adobe Suite (i.e. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.).
- Previous experience preparing technical documents and presentations.
- Familiarity with CRM platforms.
- Experience in Google AdWords and Google Analytics.
Benefits for this position include, but not limited to, a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and holiday benefits.
Ready to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to the following email address; email@example.com.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
ABOUT CARS (CHARITABLE ADULT RIDES & SERVICES)
CARS is a nonprofit organization based out of San Diego, California. Founded in 2003 as a means to provide additional funding to the programs and services of Jewish Family Service of San Diego. CARS soon began accepting vehicle donations to help other nonprofits raise extra revenue. What began as a company of just a few employees accepting a few vehicle donations per day, has grown into a well-respected leader in the nonprofit industry. Today, we are partnered with over 5,000 nonprofits and are expanding our fundraising efforts through Giving Property, a real estate donation program that allows donors to give their second home, commercial property, or land. CARS' success stems from our dedication to exceptional donor service, our ability to maximize each donation, and the extensive marketing support we provide to our partners. To learn more about CARS, please visit careasy.org.