Customer Support Representative
Location: Temporarily remote due to COVID-19
$14 - $16 per hour
- customer service, 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
If you're looking for an opportunity...
- To work with some of the largest nonprofits in the country
- To enhance your customer service skills
- A chance to explore the nonprofit industry and be on an enthusiastic team that makes a difference every day
CARS (Charitable Adult Rides & Services) operates two U.S. based call centers (inbound/outbound) open seven days a week—one in San Diego, California and the other in Medford, Oregon. We also have remote DSRs who are within a 50-mile radius of either office.
Our enthusiastic Donor Support Team is currently hiring Donor Support Representatives (DSRs).
The ideal candidate for the DSR position will be someone who:
- Truly understands the value of gratitude and relationship building, has excellent listening skills, has a passion for helping others.
- Is willing to be a team player.
- Will bring a positive energy to work daily, demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Eager to learn and takes pride in their work.
- Exemplifies the CARS culture of gratitude and respect.
Donor Support Representative employees are a part of the Donor Care Department. The CARS Donor Care Department is what drives the success of each of our nonprofit partners’ vehicle donation programs. CARS DSRs understand how to make every vehicle donation experience count, treating the donor with respect, gratitude and great service.
As a DSR, you are the expert in the vehicle donation process and are considered the ultimate resource for our partners’ vehicle donors. The Donor Support Representative reports to the Call Center Supervisor. This is a full-time hourly position. The primary responsibilities of this position are to assist our nonprofit partners and their vehicle donors with excellent customer service, accurately input vehicle donation information into database, effectively communicate with donors, auction houses, tow companies and charities.
- Answer incoming calls and provide information on the car donation process.
- Interact with vehicle donors or potential vehicle donors via incoming calls, outbound calls, and email using the appropriate charity greeting.
- Contact donors on incomplete files.
- Interact with auto vendors and auction yards across the U.S., regarding status of a vehicle donation or title issues.
- Create and update electronic donation records in the CARS database with the highest level of accuracy to track donation throughout process.
- Consult available resources and inform donors of local DMV regulations.
- Schedule vehicles for pickup, when appropriate.
- Meet or exceed standard call center metrics.
- Meet or exceed standard Quality assurance procedures.
- Escalate more complex donation requests when appropriate.
- Update records with tax information, title issues.
- Communicate with vendors and donors on issues such as cancellations, scheduling conflicts, etc.
- Maintain awareness of CARS role in representing different the charities and nonprofit partnered with CARS.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Send end of day reports to the appropriate department or individual (email).
- Perform additional tasks as requested by management.
MINIMUM DESIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong phone and communication skills
- Accurate data entry
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as memos, general clerical documents, reports, safety rules, instruction booklets and manuals.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish, French).
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense and critical thinking to carry out instructions and make decisions within scope of authority.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook
Must be available to work an eight and a half hour shift between 5:00 am to 9:00 pm including weekends and holidays as needed. This may periodically change to meet business needs.
**This position is eligible for remote work, contingent upon satisfactory performance**
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume: CCRecruitment@careasy.org
CARS is a nationally recognized social enterprise nonprofit that helps thousands of nonprofits in the US and Canada increase their fundraising and acquire new contributors through turn-key vehicle donation programs. Since 2003, CARS has returned millions to our partners. CARS also reinvests in our community by providing meals and transportation solutions to seniors each year through a program called On the Go. Our organization and culture is founded on gratitude, respect, and dedication.