Public Media Support Manager
The Public Media Support Manager would work with our partnered public radio and public broadcasting networks to maintain and manage current accounts with the opportunity to build and develop new accounts. The ideal candidate has experience in public media, understands the nuances and language of the industry. Attention to detail and accurate record keeping are a must because we often represent our nonprofit partners. You would report to our Senior Director of Partner Support. This is a full-time salary remote position.
CARS is a social enterprise 501(c)(3) nonprofit that supports thousands of other nonprofits through vehicle donation fundraising. In this position, you will have the ability to provide support to some of the nation’s public media programs. This is a mid-level position that provides an opportunity to grow and develop within the department and company.
- Assist Public Media team in managing and maintaining accounts.
- Identify new opportunities to expand overall customer revenue within assigned accounts.
- Assist in growing and maintaining account base.
- Build customer relationships through on-going contact and sales account management.
- Introducing chapters of larger organizations to vehicle donation programs.
- Attending relevant association gatherings and conferences to develop rapport in the business community.
- Keep accurate records/reports as required.
- Work with partners to understand NAV reporting and content portal.
- Database maintenance and data entry.
- Provide donors support including coordinating responses with other departments. (I.E. - Issue Resolution Team, Titles Department, and Internal Support).
- Assist with vehicle and real estate donation reports to partners and Public Media Team.
- Work independently and follow through with minimal supervision.
- Other duties as assigned as the position evolves.
Skills/Abilities that are a Must-Have:
- Must have a minimum of two years’ experience in Public Media.
- Understand the benefits of utilizing the internet, social media, radio, and television to attract more donations.
- Experience contacting all sizes of organizations.
- Experience in managing daily tasks to prioritize partner contact and management.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including listening orientation skills.
- Highly motivated, results driven leader.
- Ability to identify customer needs, influence others and apply practical learning.
Skills/Abilities we’d like you to Have:
- College degree preferred
- Two years' Public Media experience
- Organization Skills
- Personable sales / account management skills required
- Basic computer skills needed
- Presentation skills preferred
Benefits for this position include, but not limited to, a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and holiday benefits.
Ready to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to the following email address; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
ABOUT CARS (CHARITABLE ADULT RIDES & SERVICES)
CARS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based out of San Diego, California. Founded in 2003 as a means to provide additional funding to the programs and services of Jewish Family Service, CARS soon began accepting vehicle donations to help other nonprofits raise extra revenue. What began as a company of just a few employees accepting a few vehicle donations per day, has grown into a well-respected leader in the nonprofit industry. Today, we are partnered with over 5,000 nonprofits and are expanding our fundraising efforts so we can continue to provide additional revenue to our amazing nonprofit partners. CARS' success stems from our dedication to exceptional donor service, our ability to maximize each donation, and the extensive marketing support we provide to our partners to help sustain their programs. Come work at CARS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about CARS, please visit careasy.org.