Georgia Title Support
How To Sign A Georgia Title
Click Image To Enlarge
Click Image To Enlarge
1. On the back of the title, record the vehicle’s date of sale, or title transfer date under notice to buyer. Ensure that the date is accurate.
2. For the Purchaser’s (buyer) section, the buyer should fill out their name and county of residence.
3. The odometer reading of the vehicle’s mileage should be noted in the "Notice to Buyer" section. Double check the number to ensure its accuracy.
4. The Seller’s information must also be recorded on the back of the title in the "Notice to Buyer" section. This should include a printed name and signature.
5. The buyer must sign and print their name under “Purchaser’s (buyer) Signature” to complete the document.
- Before filling out a title, ensure a Bill of Sale is completed as Georgia requires this to be done prior to a title transfer. The Bill of Sale can be downloaded directly from the Georgia Department of Revenue’s website.
Haven't donated yet? We can help you find a fantastic Georgia nonprofit to donate to.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When do I cancel my insurance?
A. Only cancel your vehicle's insurance AFTER your vehicle has been picked up and you have notified the state that you’ve donated your vehicle. If your state requires notification, please be aware that you should never cancel your insurance prior to reporting to the state you are no longer in possession of the vehicle. This is a general rule for States/Motor Vehicle Departments that require Notification be submitted or license plates returned.
Q: Who is considerd the purchaser of my vehicle donation? Is it the nonprofit or charity?
A. The purchaser of your donated vehicle is NOT the nonprofit or charity. It will either be the vendor or Charitable Adult Rides & Services, the vehicle donation program provider and partner of your nonprofit of choice.
Q. What is State Notification?
A. State notification releases the vehicle donor from liability over the vehicle, including registration fees and from having to keep the vehicle insured, after the vehicle is picked up. State notification is a way for the state to create a record that the owner is no longer in possession of the vehicle. The steps needed to release your liability of a donated vehicle vary by state.
Q. Who is supposed to take care of the state notification process?
A. If state notification is required, only the donor and/or owner of the vehicle can complete this process. Please do not rely on the pick-up driver or vendor to report to the State/Motor Vehicle Department that you are no longer in possession of the vehicle. If you need support, please contact the vehicle donation support team at email@example.com or call 855-500-7433. We would be happy to assist you.
If you have additional questions, please visit our vehicle donation FAQS.
If you would like assistance with your vehicle donation, please contact us here.
For more information on vehicle release or general DMV questions, contact your local Motor Vehicle Division.
For additional support, please email us and include your Stock # and contact information.