Idaho DMV Vehicle Transfer | Vehicle Donations

Idaho Title Support

How To Sign An Idaho Title

For any questions about how to sign a title for your specific donated vehicle, please contact the purchasing vendor which is usually the auto auction yard. Please note, the purchaser of your donated vehicle is not the charity. It will either be the vendor or Charitable Adult Rides & Services.

1. In Section 1 on the front of the title, there is a space designated to record the odometer reading of the vehicle’s mileage. There are also four checkboxes below this line, which can be used to indicate if the odometer reading is inaccurate, exceeds the mechanical limits or the vehicle is exempt from this report.

2. Section 2 just below odometer reading requires the date of sale or transfer and the selling price. Both must be recorded.

3. In Section 3, the seller must clearly and legibly print their name, and sign below in section 4A & 4B. There is also additional space for signature in the event of a jointly-owned vehicle.

4. To the right of section 3, section 5-8 (with subsections 8A and 8B) is for the buyer’s full legal name, address and signature.

5. The bottom section on the front of the title is for Lienholder Information. If there are no liens on the sale, leave this section blank.

Helpful Tips

  • Idaho requires that any tenths of a mile be left off of the mileage report.

Haven't donated yet? We can help you find a fantastic Idaho nonprofit to donate to.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: When do I cancel my insurance?

A. Only cancel your vehicle's insurance AFTER your vehicle has been picked up and you have notified the state that you’ve donated your vehicle. If your state requires notification, please be aware that you should never cancel your insurance prior to reporting to the state you are no longer in possession of the vehicle. This is a general rule for States/Motor Vehicle Departments that require Notification be submitted or license plates returned.

Q: Who is considerd the purchaser of my vehicle donation? Is it the nonprofit or charity?

A. The purchaser of your donated vehicle is NOT the nonprofit or charity. It will either be the vendor or Charitable Adult Rides & Services, the vehicle donation program provider and partner of your nonprofit of choice.

Q. What is State Notification?

A. State notification releases the vehicle donor from liability over the vehicle, including registration fees and from having to keep the vehicle insured, after the vehicle is picked up. State notification is a way for the state to create a record that the owner is no longer in possession of the vehicle. The steps needed to release your liability of a donated vehicle vary by state.

Q. Who is supposed to take care of the state notification process?

A. If state notification is required, only the donor and/or owner of the vehicle can complete this process. Please do not rely on the pick-up driver or vendor to report to the State/Motor Vehicle Department that you are no longer in possession of the vehicle. If you need support, please contact the vehicle donation support team at or call 855-500-7433. We would be happy to assist you.

If you have additional questions, please visit our vehicle donation FAQS.

If you would like assistance with your vehicle donation, please contact us here.

For more information on vehicle release or general DMV questions, contact your local Motor Vehicle Division.

For additional support, please email us and include your Stock # and contact information.
Title Support