Indiana Title Support
How To Sign An Indiana Title
Click Image To Enlarge
Click Image To Enlarge
1. On front of title, if there are no lienholders on the title, no signatures are required on the front of the title. In the case that there are liens, Indiana provides three spaces for possible lienholders. They should fill in their information and sign the front of the title.
2. On the back of the title at the top, there is a section for recording the odometer reading. There are also checkboxes provided to denote if the mileage exceeds the mechanical limitations of the vehicle, or if the odometer reading is inaccurate for whatever reason.
3. On back of title near the top there is a box labeled “Seller Information,” the seller(s) of the vehicle should print legibly the required information and sign the form. Please include date of sale and selling price.
4. On back of title next to seller information there is box labeled "Purchaser Information," the purchaser (buyer) of the vehicle should print legibly the required information and sign the form.
5. The remaining sections on the back should only be filled in by an authorized dealer. If this is not applicable, leave these sections blank.
- Indiana’s title requires more information from the buyer and seller than many other states, so be careful to fill in this information legibly and accurately.
- Indiana only allows titles to be reassigned by dealers three times.
Haven't donated yet? We can help you find a fantastic Indiana nonprofit to donate to.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When do I cancel my insurance?
A. Only cancel your vehicle's insurance AFTER your vehicle has been picked up and you have notified the state that you’ve donated your vehicle. If your state requires notification, please be aware that you should never cancel your insurance prior to reporting to the state you are no longer in possession of the vehicle. This is a general rule for States/Motor Vehicle Departments that require Notification be submitted or license plates returned.
Q: Who is considerd the purchaser of my vehicle donation? Is it the nonprofit or charity?
A. The purchaser of your donated vehicle is NOT the nonprofit or charity. It will either be the vendor or Charitable Adult Rides & Services, the vehicle donation program provider and partner of your nonprofit of choice.
Q. What is State Notification?
A. State notification releases the vehicle donor from liability over the vehicle, including registration fees and from having to keep the vehicle insured, after the vehicle is picked up. State notification is a way for the state to create a record that the owner is no longer in possession of the vehicle. The steps needed to release your liability of a donated vehicle vary by state.
Q. Who is supposed to take care of the state notification process?
A. If state notification is required, only the donor and/or owner of the vehicle can complete this process. Please do not rely on the pick-up driver or vendor to report to the State/Motor Vehicle Department that you are no longer in possession of the vehicle. If you need support, please contact the vehicle donation support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 855-500-7433. We would be happy to assist you.
If you have additional questions, please visit our vehicle donation FAQS.
If you would like assistance with your vehicle donation, please contact us here.
For more information on vehicle release or general DMV questions, contact your local Motor Vehicle Division.
For additional support, please email us and include your Stock # and contact information.