Kentucky Title Support
How To Sign A Kentucky Title
Click Image To Enlarge
Click Image To Enlarge
1. Kentucky requires that titles be notarized by an official public notary. Do not attempt to fill out the form until you are before a notary, otherwise it is invalid.
2. On the front of title, there is a space for the vehicle’s odometer reading. Accurately report the vehicle’s mileage and note if there are any discrepancies in this value under "First Dealer Assignment.
3. On front of title under "First Dealer Assignment" The TRANSFERER or SELLER must print their name and provide their signature.
4. On front of title under "First Dealer Assignment" The TRANSFEREE or BUYER must also print their name and provide their signature.
5. On the back of title is reserved for authorized dealers and should not be filled in for private sales or transfers.
- Before attempting to fill out the title, make an appointment with a public notary. Kentucky will not recognize a title not completed before a notary.
Haven't donated yet? We can help you find a fantastic Kentucky nonprofit to donate to.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When do I cancel my insurance?
A. Only cancel your vehicle's insurance AFTER your vehicle has been picked up and you have notified the state that you’ve donated your vehicle. If your state requires notification, please be aware that you should never cancel your insurance prior to reporting to the state you are no longer in possession of the vehicle. This is a general rule for States/Motor Vehicle Departments that require Notification be submitted or license plates returned.
Q: Who is considerd the purchaser of my vehicle donation? Is it the nonprofit or charity?
A. The purchaser of your donated vehicle is NOT the nonprofit or charity. It will either be the vendor or Charitable Adult Rides & Services, the vehicle donation program provider and partner of your nonprofit of choice.
Q. What is State Notification?
A. State notification releases the vehicle donor from liability over the vehicle, including registration fees and from having to keep the vehicle insured, after the vehicle is picked up. State notification is a way for the state to create a record that the owner is no longer in possession of the vehicle. The steps needed to release your liability of a donated vehicle vary by state.
Q. Who is supposed to take care of the state notification process?
A. If state notification is required, only the donor and/or owner of the vehicle can complete this process. Please do not rely on the pick-up driver or vendor to report to the State/Motor Vehicle Department that you are no longer in possession of the vehicle. If you need support, please contact the vehicle donation support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 855-500-7433. We would be happy to assist you.
If you have additional questions, please visit our vehicle donation FAQS.
If you would like assistance with your vehicle donation, please contact us here.
For more information on vehicle release or general DMV questions, contact your local Motor Vehicle Division.
For additional support, please email us and include your Stock # and contact information.