Wyoming DMV Vehicle Transfer | Vehicle Donations

Wyoming Title Support

How To Sign A Wyoming Title

For any questions about how to sign a title for your specific donated vehicle, please contact the purchasing vendor which is usually the auto auction yard. Please note, the purchaser of your donated vehicle is not the charity. It will either be the vendor or Charitable Adult Rides & Services.

1. On the front of the title, the top section contains boxes for important vehicle information, including make, model, year, VIN, etc. Below this section, the current owner’s information should be printed, including their name and address. A notary is needed to seal title.

2. At the bottom of the first page, there are three spaces for lien releases. Any lienholders on the sale should print their information and sign. If there are no liens, leave this section blank.

3. On the back of the title under "Assignment of Ownership," the top section should include the buyer’s (purchaser's) name and address. The name must be printed, and if there are multiple buyers, all should be listed.

4. For the Odometer Disclosure section under "Seller to Complete", the vehicle’s mileage should be recorded. The seller should write their name in the blank space and then write in the vehicle’s mileage at time of sale. There are a few checkboxes, and one should be marked to indicate if the mileage is accurate or inaccurate.

5. The seller(s) must print their name(s) and sign below the odometer disclosure under "Seller and Notary to Complete" section. The date of sale should also be recorded in this section.

6. The Notary Statement section should only be filled out by an authorized public notary, including sealing the document with their stamp.

7. After the notary section, the buyer (purchaser) should sign the document and print their name.

Helpful Tips

  • Wyoming requires that titles be notarized by a public notary. Do not attempt to sign the title until you have made an appointment with the notary.
  • If there is a lienholder on the sale and they cannot be present to sign the document, a separate lien release letter will be required.

Haven't donated yet? We can help you find a fantastic Wyoming nonprofit to donate to.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: When do I cancel my insurance?

A. Only cancel your vehicle's insurance AFTER your vehicle has been picked up and you have notified the state that you’ve donated your vehicle. If your state requires notification, please be aware that you should never cancel your insurance prior to reporting to the state you are no longer in possession of the vehicle. This is a general rule for States/Motor Vehicle Departments that require Notification be submitted or license plates returned.

Q: Who is considerd the purchaser of my vehicle donation? Is it the nonprofit or charity?

A. The purchaser of your donated vehicle is NOT the nonprofit or charity. It will either be the vendor or Charitable Adult Rides & Services, the vehicle donation program provider and partner of your nonprofit of choice.

Q. What is State Notification?

A. State notification releases the vehicle donor from liability over the vehicle, including registration fees and from having to keep the vehicle insured, after the vehicle is picked up. State notification is a way for the state to create a record that the owner is no longer in possession of the vehicle. The steps needed to release your liability of a donated vehicle vary by state.

Q. Who is supposed to take care of the state notification process?

A. If state notification is required, only the donor and/or owner of the vehicle can complete this process. Please do not rely on the pick-up driver or vendor to report to the State/Motor Vehicle Department that you are no longer in possession of the vehicle. If you need support, please contact the vehicle donation support team at donorsupport@careasy.org or call 855-500-7433. We would be happy to assist you.

If you have additional questions, please visit our vehicle donation FAQS.

If you would like assistance with your vehicle donation, please contact us here.

For more information on vehicle release or general DMV questions, contact your local Motor Vehicle Division.

For additional support, please email us and include your Stock # and contact information.
Title Support