Mississippi DMV Vehicle Transfer | Vehicle Donations

Title Transfer


Currently, CARS is unaware of any special notification requirements for Mississippi. However, the state recommends making a copy of the front and back of the title after it has been signed and keep with your personal records.


Please remove the license plate(s) from a vehicle or trailer that you have sold or disposed of when handing over the title to the new owner. You should then take the license plate to the county Tax Collector’s office. Once the tag is turned in, the record for the vehicle showing your name as owner will no longer be the current ownership record
Please note: MS License Plates CANNOT be transferred to a new vehicle or a new owner.


The purchaser of your donated vehicle is NOT the charity. It will either be the vendor or Charitable Adult Rides & Services.
For more information on vehicle, contact your local Motor Vehicle Division:

Department of Revenue
500 Clinton Center Drive
Clinton, MS 39056

Phone: 601.923.770
Fax: 601.923.7714