North Dakota DMV Vehicle Transfer | Vehicle Donations

Title Transfer

North Dakota

Currently, CARS is unaware of any special notification requirements for North Dakota. Typically, this means notification is not required and transfer ownership occurs when you complete the reverse-side of the title. Dated evidence of transfer is a dated copy of the certificate of title. Please keep a copy of the front and back of the title after it has been signed for your personal records.


When the owner of a vehicle sells, trades, or otherwise transfers the ownership of the vehicle, the owner must remove all license plate(s) and the vehicle will be considered unlicensed.


The purchaser of your donated vehicle is NOT the charity. It will either be the vendor or Charitable Adult Rides & Services.
For more information on vehicle, contact your local Motor Vehicle Division:

Motor Vehicle Division
ND Dept of Transportation
608 East Boulevard Ave
Bismarck, ND 58505-0780

Phone: 701.328.2725 or 1.855.NDROADS (637-6237)