HOW TO HANDLE THE LICENSE PLATES WHEN YOU DONATE A CAR, TRUCK, SUV OR OTHER STANDARD VEHICLE IN OREGON
License plates stay on the vehicle when you donate. Do NOT remove. However, plates of current issue may be transferred to a new vehicle for a fee.
Please See the Steps Below for How to Complete the Notice of Vehicle Sale/Transfer Form:
There are three ways in Oregon to notify the DMV-ODOT (Oregon Driver and Motor Vehicle Services) that you have donated your car: online, in person or by mail. You can find more information and forms for each notification method below:
1. TO COMPLETE THE NOTICE OF VEHCLE SALE/TRANSFER FORM ONLINE:
*PREFERRED METHOD* If possible, we highly recommend completing forms online instead of by mail, so you may easily save and print out a copy for your records that includes a date/timestamp.
- Click the Access DMV2U button below.
- Follow the steps.
2. TO COMPLETE THE NOTICE OF VEHCLE SALE/TRANSFER FORM IN PERSON:
- Please print and complete the Notice of Sale or Transfer of a Vehicle Form.
- Submit to your local DMV office. Click HERE to locate your local DMV office.
3. TO COMPLETE THE NOTICE OF VEHCLE SALE/TRANSFER FORM BY MAIL:
- Please print and complete the Notice Of Sale or Transfer Of A Vehicle Form.
- Mail the completed Notice Of Sale or Transfer Of A Vehicle Form to:
1905 Lana Ave NE
Salem, OR 97314
Haven't donated yet? We can help you find a fantastic Oregon nonprofit to donate to.