Senior Business Development Associate
The Senior Business Development Associate is a full-time position assisting CARS™ Sales Team with the marketing & business development initiatives by providing support and coordination. The position involves supporting initiatives designed to help our nonprofit partners, identify and target opportunities and providing marketing collateral material.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Business Development team in achieving its revenue/account growth in accordance with assigned goals and objectives
- Working with and training nonprofits to understand NAV reporting and content portal
- Introducing chapters of larger organizations to vehicle donation programs.
- Build customer relationships through on-going phone contact and sales account management
- Specific data report creation (mailing lists, accounts field updates, accounting updates)
- New account entry and updates for the Business Development team
- Coordinate appointments, calls and meetings with, and on behalf of, the Business Development team
- Assist with the creation of Business Development presentations and marketing plans to promote the products and services of the organization
- Prepare custom NAV Reporting for Business Development accounts
- Obtain contacts of potential customers via cold calling, emailing, and internet search
- Toll free number management for new and existing accounts
- NAV database management as required for Account Managers to include Account zip codes
- Manage upcoming agreement notices of contract renewals needed for the business development account managers
- Assist with the management monthly account meetings and attend with Account Managers, prepare follow ups and set tasks as required for projects
- Business Development updates for accounting and operations as required
- Creating NAV database reports monthly on expiring agreements
- Assist with Business Development team presentation development as needed
- Work independently and follow through with minimal supervision
- Keep accurate records and reports as required
- College degree preferred but not required
- CRM and Excel experience preferred
- Organization of multiple projects
- Outlook and Teams experience preferred
- Accuracy and detail in work product
- A minimum of three years sales, marketing, project management and CRM and Excel experience is preferred
- Non-profit experience a plus
- Experience making outbound calls to small and medium sized organizations.
- Ability to execute daily call cycle management utilizing a wide variety of techniques, from traditional advertising sales approaches to highly technical approaches.
- Must have an advanced understanding the sales, marketing and digital assets utilized in the non-profit marketplace or the ability to quickly learn
- Ability to identify customer needs, influence others and apply practical learning.
- Ability to execute daily assigned tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including listening orientation skills
- Initiative-taking and results driven
- Ability to identify inter-departmental needs and work with the Business Development team as required.
- Personable sales & account management skills required
- Advanced Excel / CRM skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Presentation Skills preferred
- Advanced organization and follow up skills
- Contribute to the achievement of the Business Development performance and growth.
- Organization and timely follow up from assigned tasks
- Improvement of Nav reporting, Excel skillset
- Travel up to 20% of work hours
Benefits for this position include, but not limited to, a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and holiday benefits.
Ready to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to the following email address; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
ABOUT CARS (CHARITABLE ADULT RIDES & SERVICES)
CARS (Charitable Adult Rides & Services) is a nationally recognized social enterprise nonprofit that helps thousands of nonprofits and public media stations in the U.S. and Canada increase their fundraising through turn-key vehicle donation programs. CARS has returned more than $300 million to our nonprofit partners. CARS also reinvests in our community by providing meals and transportation solutions to seniors each year through a program called On the Go.