Location: This is an onsite position (San Diego office)
$22.00 to $25.00 dependent on experience
- Accounting Manager
- Full-time and Temporary
EXPECTATION OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
Support the Agency’s mission—Strengthen the individual, enhance the family, and protect the vulnerable, with human services.
Ensure that cash is safeguarded and deposits are made on a daily basis. Prepare assigned journal entries and reconcile assigned assets and liability accounts in a timely manner. Assist in the preparation and submission of JFS semi-monthly payroll.
MINIMUM DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or
- Successful completion of college level accounting courses and a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a staff accountant or similar role
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately process timely the monthly/quarterly Journal Entries (JEs) of expenses, accruals, and commissions.
- Process and calculate timely the monthly and upload A/R deposits.
- Process and calculate daily check-run preprocessing reports.
- Monthly and Quarterly commission calculations.
- Accurately reviews all payroll changes before transmitting for payroll for multiple companies nationwide
- Reviews online timesheets for all active employees; confirms accuracy of hours worked, time off coding, meal breaks (including waivers and penalties), allocations, multiple rates, make-up time, etc.
- Helps to tracks vacation and sick time for employees.
- Reviews & prints final for terminations.
- Prepares payroll reconciliation for Accounting Manager before transmittal of payroll.
- Responds to and retrieves documentation for auditors.
MINIMUM DESIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Prior experience in full cycle payroll and knowledge of payroll taxes, labor and hourly wage law, payroll rules and regulations.
- Prior experience with A/R Billing and Accounts Payable
- Good to excellent spelling, grammar, and written communication skills.
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as memos, general clerical documents, project and grant reports, safety rules, instruction booklets and manuals.
- Ability to write well (e.g., memos, reports, e-mails, agendas, minutes).
- Skilled in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and dividing all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to analyze data, create and interpret balance sheets.
- Ability to read, analyze and understand financial and accounting related documentation (balance sheets, budgets, spreadsheets, forecasts, projections).
- Ability to apply common sense and critical thinking to carry out instructions and make decisions within scope of authority.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables.
- Ability to work successfully within set deadlines and parameters.
- Skilled and prior experience in QuickBooks and other accounting software.
- Skilled in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to write clear concise e-mails.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. As a routine part of work, employees will generally be required to use their hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The table on the next page provides additional details of certain physical demands of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job is primarily assigned to an office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances.
Benefits for this position include, but not limited to, a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and holiday benefits.
Ready to Move Forward:
The cover letters and resumes can be email to Debbie Park: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
ABOUT CARS (CHARITABLE ADULT RIDES & SERVICES)
CARS (Charitable Adult Rides & Services) is a nationally recognized social enterprise nonprofit that helps thousands of nonprofits and public media stations in the U.S. and Canada increase their fundraising through turn-key vehicle donation programs. CARS has returned more than $300 million to our nonprofit partners. CARS also reinvests in our community by providing meals and transportation solutions to seniors each year through a program called On the Go.